If you're looking for Panera Bread interview questions, you've come to the right place.
We can all agree that job interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a little preparation, you can be successful at a Panera Bread job interview.
Here we will discuss how to effectively answer questions during an interview for Panera Bread.
We will also provide information on how to dress for a Panera Bread interview as well as general interview tips.
Panera Bread Interview Questions by Role
- hourly associate
Panera Bread Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell us about yourself?
- You can talk about your hobbies and interests; however briefly. try to focusimportantExperience. Remember that having the right professional experience will allow you to stay ahead of the competition.
2. Why do you want to work at Panera Bread?
- I would like to work at Panera Bread because there is no fast food there. They make a quality product that I like.
- Panera Bread is developing very fast and I believe that there will be an opportunity to develop my career here.
- Indicate why you think Panera Bread is better than its competitors.
3. Why should I hire you?
- Read the job description a second time and find out the skills and experience required for the position.
- Then match the skills required for the job with your own skill set.
- Finally, reassure the interviewer that you have the right skills.
4. What can you tell us about Panera Bread?
About Panera Bread
- They offer a wide range of products, including fresh breads, cakes and sweets, scones and spreads, breakfast favorites, soups, salads, pastas, paninis, sandwiches, flatbreads, Panera Kids menu and drinks.
- Customers can place orders online and pick up their orders.
- They have a rewards program called MyPanera.
- Panera Bread is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Panera operates as the Saint Louis Bread Company in the greater St. Louis, where it has over 100 locations.
- The restaurant also owns Au Bon Pain.
- The first Panera Bread opened in 1981.
- JAB Holding Company is the parent company of Panera Bread.
- Its competitors includeStarbucks,Stomach,Tim Hortonsand Cheesecake Factory.
5. What hours can you work?
- Panera bread opens early. Panera bread opens at 6am. M. in some places and closes around 9pm. M. When asked what hours you can work, you want to be as flexible as possible.
6. What experience do you have?
- If you have a different experience with the restaurant, talk about it.
- Discuss your experience with the cashier.
- Talk about your customer service experience.
- If this is your first job, let them know. Say you've been focusing on school and now want to test yourself in the job market.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don't know what to say, check out othersWorking at Panera Breadand see if you can find a position you can fill within five years.
8. How was your presence at your last job?
- Honesty is the best approach to answering this question as the interviewer can check your references.
- Emphasize that you understand the importance of starting your shift on time.
9. Why did you leave your last job?
First, let's talk about whatNOto talk!
- Don't say anything negative about your previous employer.
- Don't say it's for the money.
- The journey was too long.
“I enjoyed my time at my previous job, but I have outgrown my current role and am looking for new challenges.”
10. Who are the competitors of Panera Bread?
- Competitors include Starbucks,topping, Tim Hortons yKrispy Kreme.
11. Questions to ask during a Panera Bread interview?
Advice! Don't be afraid to ask questions during the interview. Asking questions is important because it builds a good relationship between you and the interviewer.
- What do you like most about working here?
- How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position?
- What is the most important in this position?
- How do you rate my success and what can I do to meet your expectations?
- Which part of the job has the steepest learning curve? What can I do to recover quickly?
- What opportunities will I have to learn and develop?
Panera Bread contributor interview every hour
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- They want to know how your related work experience matches up with the experience required to be an hourly associate. So if you have experience working in restaurants, retail stores, with customers or working in a team, say so first.
- If this is your first job, tell them you've focused on school and now you're ready to test yourself in the world of work.
Why do you want to become an Hourly Contributor?
- I feel like I can really learn and develop my career here, especially with Paner's rapid success.
- I like the products and services I get here as a customer and would be proud to represent them.
Why should we hire you as an hourly worker?
For this question, you want to re-read the job description and find the skills they are looking for and match those skills with yours. Below is what I found after reading the job description.
- Must understand and apply basic food safety principles (required skill: attention to detail)
- Our associates know what our customer wants and deliver it - quickly, accurately and with friendly service. (required skill: ability to work under pressure and focus on the client)
- We listen and sense customer needs and keep our manager and team members informed. (required skills: communication and teamwork)
So when you ask this question, tell me
- Let's just say you pay great attention to detail and always follow basic food safety procedures.
- Mention that you work well under pressure, which will allow you to provide fast, accurate and friendly service.
- Finally, say that you are a team player and will always keep other team members informed as you have good communication skills.
How would you treat an annoyed customer?
- I would stay calm and listen to their complaints.
- If it was a legitimate complaint, I would apologize to the customer and see if I can replace the product or fix the problem that upset them.
Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions
Why do you want to be a cashier?
- Say that you feel you have excellent communication skills and that you will enjoy working with clients.
- Say you like working in a team and are a great team player.
- Indicate that you pay great attention to detail and that you will take pride in all aspects of your work.
Why should I hire you as a cashier?
To successfully answer this question, you need to look better than the rest of the competition.
- If you have a background in food service or retail, it's time to pick it up.
- Mention if you are food safety certified.
- Excellent communication skills and how you used them in your last job.
- Let's just say you're a quick learner and you'll have no trouble mastering Panera's menus.
How does it feel to be on your feet for a long time?
- Most jobs in restaurants will require you to be on your feet for long periods of time. If possible, tell the interviewer that you have no problem with this. Wear comfortable shoes that go well with low heels, maintain good posture, and stay hydrated.
How would you define excellent customer service?
- The customer does not wait long for his order.
- Customers receive friendly service.
- The restaurant is clean both inside and out.
- The product is made to order.
Are you good at math?
- If you're asking for an associate by the hour, they'll probably want you to work as a cashier. You just need to know how to do basic addition and subtraction, so if you're comfortable with it, say you're good at math.
DRESS FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH PANERA BREAD?
entry level position
- Dress casually if you are interviewing for an entry-level position. Do not wear shorts and avoid wearing jeans.
a managerial position
- Dress formally or casually if you are applying for a management position.Dark blazers and pants are safe choices, as are wrap dresses for women. Avoid sportswear.
- Blue tells employers that you are reliable and trustworthy.
- Black shows leadership and is great if you are looking for a high-level position.
- Red sends the message that you are assertive and works well in areas such as sales.
- Orange is apparently the worst color to wear to a job interview because it is associated with unprofessionalism.
How to prepare for an interview at Panera Bread?
- Learn as much as you can about the company and ask yourself why you want to work there. Why would you rather work at Panera Bread than any other restaurant?
- Review possible interview questions and consider how you would answer them based on your own experience.
- Think about where you see yourself in the future. Panera Bread prefers to hire people whose career goals align with the restaurant industry. Maybe one day you want to open your own franchise or become the CEO of a restaurant. Remember, if you want to work at Panera Bread to pay for your education, that's fine, but be sure to show that you are determined to work there for more than a few months.
- Make sure you know where you are going and how long it will take to get there. Connect to the internet and find the easiest way to get there, then remember to add extra time to get there on time. The last thing you want is to be late.
TIPS FOR INTERVIEWING ABOUT PANERA BREAD
- Come 10 minutes early.
- Don't talk too fast or it will sound nervous.
- Don't speak too slowly or you'll seem bored.
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Maintain good eye contact throughout the interview.
SECOND INTERVIEW IN PANERA BREAD
- If you have a second interview at Panera Bread, it will most likely be with someone employed. Study the above questions and you will be fine.
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions (Affiliate)
- Intelligence Checklist
- Behavioral interview
- Interview Tips
- Looking for employment
Interview questions at Panera Bread
She asked why I quit my past jobs, what I would prefer to do, my hobbies, my responsibilities at past jobs. For second interview. Where do you see yourself, professionally, 10 years from now? How would you handle a customer that has a problem or how you would solve a problem.
Candidates interviewing for Baker - Day Shift and Soup and Sandwich Maker rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Part Time Associate and Part Time Cashier roles were rated as the easiest. How long does it take to get hired at Panera Bread?How to answer why you would be a great candidate for Panera? ›
I have good leadership, interpersonal, and problem skills and feel that I work well with others. I feel like I'm a great candidate for Panera Bread by showing my dedication towards my job. I've respect from my managers and fellow coworkers.How long does a Panera interview last? ›
The interview for a restaurant position is usually pretty casual. It can last up to 15 minutes, and usually, you're offered a position on the spot. For managers and corporate positions, anticipate having anywhere from two to four interviews lasting up to an hour.Why should we hire you? ›
“I should be hired for this role because of my relevant skills, experience, and passion for the industry. I've researched the company and can add value to its growth. My positive attitude, work ethics, and long-term goals align with the job requirements, making me a committed and valuable asset to the company.”What skills does Panera look for? ›
- You enjoy people and have great communication skills.
- You want to be part of a fun, energized team that works hard and laughs often.
- You like the hustle and bustle of the hospitality industry.
- You're committed to health and food safety.
- You're at least 16 years of age.
What candidates say about the interview process at Panera Bread. Two interviews. First interview was through assistant manager who asks questions about you. Second interview is with general manager.Does Panera pay tips? ›
All Associates earn tips that are distributed evenly which does increase earning potential slightly.What is my desired pay rate for Panera? ›
Hourly pay at Panera Bread Company ranges from an average of $8.44 to $16.35 an hour.What do you say in Tell me about yourself? ›
Your answer to the "tell me about yourself" question should describe your current situation, your past job experience, the reason you're a good fit for the role, and how you align with the company values. Tell the interviewer about your current position and a recent big accomplishment or positive feedback you received.
In particular, my ability to work to tight deadlines and manage my time effectively make me a good fit for the role. For example, in my current job I have to manage my own workload, taking briefs from colleagues in multiple departments and creating a priority order that keeps everyone satisfied.What does Panera Bread look for in employees? ›
Panera Bread needs dedicated, hardworking employees able to adapt to fast-paced and constantly evolving atmospheres. Job hopefuls should attend interviews on time and dressed in business-casual clothing or professional attire.Can I wear jeans to a Panera interview? ›
Wear something professional. Or you could wear their uniform, which is a black t-shirt and dark wash jeans with black shoes and a belt. Anything casual .How long are employee breaks at Panera? ›
4 answers. You don't get paid, but have to take a 30 minute break. You are able to take a 30 min lunch in a 5 he shift if you like, otherwise they adhere to normal laws.What questions do they ask during interview? ›
- Tell me something about yourself.
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why did you decide to apply for this position?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you know about this company/organization?
Talk about specific examples of how you can help this company achieve their goals and highlight any relevant transferrable skills that will make you stand out as the right candidate. Write down any recent achievements you can talk about or any challenges you've faced recently that might be related to this new job.How can I successfully pass an interview? ›
- Tell the truth. ...
- Listen carefully to the interviewer. ...
- Never slight a teacher, friend, employer, or your university. ...
- Watch your grammar. ...
- Be prepared for personal questions. ...
- Wait for the interviewer to mention salary and benefits. ...
- Don't expect a job offer at the first interview. ...
- Close on a positive, enthusiastic note.
- Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them. ...
- Develop healthy responses. ...
- Establish boundaries. ...
- Take time to recharge. ...
- Learn how to relax. ...
- Talk to your supervisor. ...
- Get some support.
A Panera issued T-shirt or any solid-colored polo (some stores allow employees to wear their own plan black T-shirts. A Panera Bread green apron with the company logo. Employee supplies their own pants, which are usually black or khaki (some store may allow team members to wear jeans)What is Panera's mission statement? ›
In everything we do, we keep in mind our mission and purpose: “One Panera for a Healthier and Happier World.” Our approach to ESG flows naturally from this mission. “Healthier” in that we are dedicated to using high-quality ingredients, while also reducing our environmental impact.
- Accurate money handling.
- Creative design layouts.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Quick learner.
- Reliable Team Worker.
The second interview means that the employer believes you meet the core job requirements and seem interested in the opportunity. The next round — or rounds — of interviews will be spent determining whether you are the best fit for the team.Do you usually get hired after a second interview? ›
Additionally, if you've been brought in a second time, your chances of landing the job are estimated to be somewhere between 25 and 50%. It's important to remember, however, that the other people who were brought in for a second interview are likely to be just as qualified as you, if not more.Are second interviews harder? ›
Compared to the first interview, a second interview will likely involve more preparation, more people, more questions, more intensity, and more pressure — in addition to more likelihood that you will land the job. Do prepare —even more than you did for the first interview.Does Panera hold your first paycheck? ›
Yes they do. you get paid every 2 weeks. Biweekly pay so yes but depending on when you start could wait 3 weeks.Does Panera get paid biweekly? ›
Competitive pay + Tips (Bi-weekly pay) Free meal on shifts. Career Growth opportunities.
No, you have to break out for your 30 minute break and you do not get paid.Does Panera do drug tests? ›
No, Panera Bread does not drug test.
However, it does touch on their drug and tobacco policies. Panera Bread does not allow its employees to be under the influence of anything illegal while at work (drugs/alcohol). Nor do they sell or buy anything illegal while at work.
Not often. And when they happen they're very little. If you ask or yearly. Raises occurred annually unless you were promoted.How often does Panera pay you? ›
Bi-weekly, payday is Tuesday. Workweek runs from Wednesdays thru Tuesdays.
Why should we hire you? Make your lack of experience work in your favour. Use this as a strength and tell the panel you are fresh, enthusiastic, hungry and ready to get started! You want the panel to hire you because of your passion for this job and how much you are attracted to their company.How do I sell myself in an interview? ›
- Be the Solution. ...
- Be Specific. ...
- Prepare Sound Bites. ...
- Prepare to Talk About Your Resume. ...
- Be Aware of Nonverbal Communication. ...
- Be Positive.
"Good day, I am [Name], and I am delighted to be here today. I appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications for the [Position/Job Title] role." "Having [Number] years of experience in [Field], I was able to develop a strong skill set that comes in line with the requirements of this position.What about this job attracts you? ›
“I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving company/industry, and I feel I can do so by/with my …” “I feel my skills are particularly well-suited to this position because …” “I believe I have the type of knowledge to succeed in this role and at the company because …”What can you bring to the company? ›
- your enthusiasm for the profession and the employer and your desire to make your mark.
- your personal qualities, such as your drive and willingness to learn.
- the skills the employer seeks and how you have demonstrated them in the past – your answer should show why you would be competent in the job.
In general, your strengths should be skills that can be supported through experience. For example, if you list communication as a strength, you may want to recall a situation in which you used communication to reach a goal or resolve a problem.What is Panera uniform requirements? ›
Shirt: Associates may wear any of the following: a short-sleeve solid colored polo, a solid black t-shirt with no logo's, the black HERO t-shirt, or an approved promotional Panera t-shirt tucked in at all times. The shirt must be clean, wrinkle-free, and in good repair.Who is Panera's biggest competition? ›
- 1st. Starbucks. 4.2 / 5.
- 2nd. Chipotle. 4.1 / 5.
- 3rd. McDonald's. 3.9 / 5.
- 4th. Au Bon Pain. 3.7 / 5.
- 5th. Dine Brands Global. 3.6 / 5.
- 6th. Panera Bread. 3 / 5.
In 1997, Au Bon Pain changed the company name to Panera, from a word that has roots in the Latin word for "breadbasket" and is identical to the word for "breadbasket" in Spanish and Catalan. It kept its original name for locations in Missouri.Does Panera have a uniform? ›
Jeans or Khakis with a Panera T-shirt or a polo of your choice.
Professional but casual. For a women a simple dress shirt, pants and flats. For a male simple shirt could be a polo, button down, pants and shoes of your choice. It's a pretty relaxed place so as long as your presentable you will be OK.Is it hard getting a job at Panera? ›
The hiring process is rated as easy and takes between one to two weeks to complete, including the time needed for the background check. To get started, you can apply either online or at the store location during non-peak hours (e.g., between lunch and dinner shifts).Does Panera give overtime? ›
See our Overtime Pay Checklist here
For the most part, Panera Bread must pay overtime to non-exempt employees who work more than 40 hours in a week as long as they are not excluded by the FLSA. However, these exemptions become more complicated by some states that have additional laws governing them.
No, you only get over time pay, over 40 hours per week, despite 25 hours being a full time staffers allowance of hours . No, you do not receive time and a half. No.What are the 5 hardest interview questions and answers? ›
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Why should we hire you?
- What's something that you didn't like about your last job?
- Why do you want this job?
- How do you deal with conflict with a co-worker?
- Here's an answer for you.
- How would you describe the company's culture? ...
- What is your favorite thing about working for this company? ...
- How do you see this company evolving over the next five years? ...
- How do you think the company defines and demonstrates its values?
Professional but casual. For a women a simple dress shirt, pants and flats. For a male simple shirt could be a polo, button down, pants and shoes of your choice. It's a pretty relaxed place so as long as your presentable you will be OK.Are jeans OK for a restaurant interview? ›
Is it okay to wear jeans to a restaurant interview? No, it isn't okay to wear jeans to a restaurant interview. There may be a few exceptions, but it's almost always best to err on the side of caution and avoid wearing denim of any kind to an interview.Can you take jeans to an interview? ›
It's best to err on the side of caution.
The answer isn't always cut and dry, but jeans are generally never appropriate interview attire, even if you're a student, you're applying for a part-time or hourly wage job, or you're interviewing with a tech company.
Associates may wear any of the following: a short-sleeve solid colored polo, a solid black t-shirt with no logo's, the black HERO t-shirt, or an approved promotional Panera t-shirt tucked in at all times.
Jeans or Khakis with a Panera T-shirt or a polo of your choice.Can you wear light blue jeans at Panera? ›
When working with foods you are required to wear an apron to protect your clothes. The color jeans you should wear were darker jeans with no labels on them,no light washed jeans and no skinny's. Just regular jeans. Casual blue jeans, nothing excessively tight.Does Panera drug test new employees? ›
No, Panera Bread does not drug test.
Panera Bread's Employee Code of Conduct also does not mention a pre-employment drug test. However, it does touch on their drug and tobacco policies. Panera Bread does not allow its employees to be under the influence of anything illegal while at work (drugs/alcohol).