GO TO THE RECIPEPRINT RECIPE
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links at no additional cost.
I can't wait for you to try these hearty Mexican-inspired chicken fajita bowls! It's a delicious way to have a healthy and balanced meal. You have chicken fajita with cauliflower rice and all your favorite toppings. I mean black beans, corn, salsa, pickled red onions and a generous helping of creamy avocado salsa. Get ready for a real yum!
- What are Nourish cups?
- Why you'll love nutritious fajita bowls
- recipe ingredients
- How to Make Nutritious Chicken Faji Bowls ~ Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
- Recipe substitutes
- recipe variants
- More dress ideas
- Expert advice
- Frequently asked questions
- More chicken dinner ideas
- Detailed recipe instructions
- Pin Recipe for later
What are Nourish cups?
Also known as happiness bowls, power bowls and Buddha bowls, Nourish bowls contain a variety of ingredients that come together to create a balanced meal full of nutrients. They usually consist of…
- whole grains –such as brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, farro, barley etc.
- Lean or vegetable proteins –such as chicken breast, salmon, crispy tofu, beans, chickpeas, lentils, etc.
- non-starchy vegetables –I eat fresh vegetables like spinach, kale, Swiss chard, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, fresh herbs, etc.
- Starchy vegetables –such as butternut squash, sweet potato, peas, sweet corn, etc.
- healthy fats –such as extra virgin olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
…and can be easily adapted to individual nutritional needs.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is inspired by my love for chicken fajitas and my ambitions for a more balanced diet. I wanted to create a dish that was not only delicious but also full of some of the wonderfully nutritious ingredients you listed above. And you know what? This beloved chicken fajita bowl has become an absolute family favourite.
Do you love Mexican food? MyBBQ Chicken Enchiladasthis may be just what you are looking for!
Why you'll love nutritious fajita bowls
There are so many reasons to love these nutritious bowls. They are:
- Simple to do- The food bowls are easy to fold. Only chicken and vegetable fajita need cooking. The rest of the components are just assembly.
- Suitable for food preparation.– Fajita bowls are great for meal prep as they can be easily portioned and refrigerated for up to 3 days. This makes them ideal for packed lunches or simple meals during the week.
- dense nutrientsFilled with healthy foods that provide plenty of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals, the nutritious bowl will give your body the nourishment it needs to keep you energized until your next meal.
- configurable– Chicken feed bowls are fully customizable. You can add more or different vegetables, proteins and even grains as you like. Read on to find lots of ideas.
- pollo:Juicy chicken breasts are an excellent source of lean protein, a macronutrient that helps stabilize blood sugar levels by slowing the rate at which carbohydrates (sugars) from food are absorbed. This helps maintain energy levels and mood. I cut the chicken breasts into thin strips, but you can still use chicken tenderloins or chicken legs.
- Pepper:Fried red peppers and yellow peppers with a bit of pan-fried caramelization are my favorite fajitas flavor. I love peppers for their sweetness and juiciness. You can also use oranges, green peppers or a combination of these. As a general rule of thumb, the more colorful the vegetables, the more varied the nutrient intake!
- Seasoning for fajitas:A mix of spicesChilli(use mild chilli powder if you don't like it too hot)smoked paprika,ground cumin,ground coriander, yDried oreganoit's a very simple combination of herbs and spices that add a lot of flavor and a respectful nod to Mexican cuisine.
- Avocado Salsa:A simple combinationan avocado, spoonsour cream, ykalThe juice creates a rich, creamy, savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the Mexican spices. Additionally, avocados are a great source of healthy fats that will help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins from food. Greek yogurt would be a good substitute for sour cream if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper:Make all the flavors explode!
Fixins (optional but recommended)
- Ketchup:I use minehomemade thick saucerecipe, but you can use ready-made tomato sauce for convenience. Take the victories where you can! I advise you to check the labels and choose a sauce that is minimally processed.
- Pickled Red Onions:I use mineHomemade Pickled Red Onion, but you can use ready-made pickled onions that you like. Give yourself another win! Again, look at the labels and check the composition.
- corn:I use canned sweet corn for convenience, but corn kernels on the cob are a great alternative if you have the time.
- black beans:I use canned black beans. You can use any beans.
- kal:Drying a freshly squeezed lime on a nutritional bowl really brightens up the dish.
How to Make Nutritious Chicken Faji Bowls ~ Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
It only takes a few simple steps to prepare this delicious meal. Let's start.
- Chicken fajitas
Heat the oil to room temperaturelarge frying panon medium fire. Combine the chicken strips, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika and dried oregano and toss with the chicken. Cook everything together for about 2 minutes.(Video) High Protein Meal Prep Chicken Fajita Bowl! ONLY 500 CALS #recipe #foodie #fitness #fatloss #healthy
- add paprika
Add chopped peppers and cook until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender and charred ~ 4-6 minutes.
- Avocado salsa
Heat the prepared cauliflower rice according to package directions, then divide into four serving bowls or meal prep containers. Add a quarter of chicken and fried peppers, black beans, and sweet corn to each bowl. Add a tablespoon or two of tomato sauce, as much pickled red onion as you like, a wedge of lime, and a generous tablespoon of avocado sauce. Now for the best part: serve and enjoy!
to findrecipe card with exact ingredients and full instructions at the bottom of the page. ⇩
One of the best things about food bowls is their versatility. You can create so many variations of your own bowl with extra additions or substitutions to make the flavors just right for you! Here are some suggestions:
- cauliflower rice: You can use brown or white rice instead of cauliflower rice. I prefer both types of brown rice because it is a whole grain that has less impact on blood sugar. But sometimes white rice is just what you need.
- Seasoning for fajitas:There are quite a few spices used to make Mexican fajita spice, and buying them all at once adds up. I see. If you already have them in your pantry, great. But if you need an alternative, buy a fajita spice mix. Just look at the label to make sure it doesn't contain sugar, salt or additives.
- Nutritious Vegan Fajita Bowls:To make this nutritious vegan dish, omit the chicken (or replace it with pressed, very firm tofu slices) and skip ahead to step 3 on the recipe card. Increase the vegetable content by adding mushrooms, broccoli or your choicebaked vegetables. Then omit the cream from the avocado sauce and replace it with coconut cream or soy yogurt. Adding a pinch of hemp or sesame seeds is a great way to get an extra protein boost.
More dress ideas
The ingredients for this nutritious Mexican-inspired dish are countless. What if
- Chilli pepperon hot
- Baked whole wheat tortilla stripscreak
- pineapple saucefor tropical climates and a dose of vitamin C
- crushed icebergfor freshness and even crunchiness
- cheese saucefor a hit with cheese (feta is also super tasty!)
- Fresh coriander (fresh coriander)for freshness
- Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seedsplant-based protein and healthy fats.
1. Think about balance!
These nutritious Chicken Fajita bowls are a wonderfully balanced meal. This is how we achieve this balance.
- Add plenty of non-starchy carbohydrates, i.e. vegetables(peppers, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions)
- Add some starchy carbs(beans, sweet corn)
- Add high-quality protein.(pollo)
- Add some healthy fat(extra virgin olive oil, avocado)
As you can see, this recipe contains ingredients that fall into each category.
2. Think about the taste
I'm obsessed with what I call flavor enhancers. Once I've prepared a meal with balance in mind (my body thanks me), I spice it up with a decent amount of flavor enhancers (and my taste buds thank me). Because balance without taste is not a way of life! Since this recipe is heavily influenced by Mexican flavors, we use oregano, chili, cumin and coriander. Simply divine. Don't miss them!
3. They are great for food preparation
For easier meal prep, store chicken fajita bowls in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days, separating the avocado sauce.
Frequently asked questions
Are fajita bowls healthy?
Yes! It's a healthy recipe. However, as with all things, nutritious bowls of chicken fajitas taste best as part of a varied and balanced diet. You can use the nutrition panel on the recipe card.as a guideto see if a recipe fits your personal nutritional goals.
More chicken dinner ideas
If you are looking for more serious good chickendinner recipes,Here are some of my favourites.
- Chicken And Spinach Curry (Palak Chicken)
- Easy chicken tikka with mint sauce
- Salty chicken and chorizo rice in a pot
- BBQ Chicken Enchiladas
- Sweet potatoes with creamy tuna salad
- Baked Chicken Dippers With Creamy Chives Sauce
- Chicken Hunter (Instant Recipe)
Detailed recipe instructions
Nutritious Chicken Fajita Bowls (No Rice)
Nutritious bowls of chicken fajita inspired by Mexican cuisine are a delicious way to have a healthy, balanced meal. You have chicken fajita with cauliflower rice and all your favorite toppings.
5by 1 vote
PRINT RECIPEBALL RECIPE
Preparation time:10minutes minutes
Time to cook:10minutes minutes
Total time:20minutes minutes
Calories per serving:497kcal
- 1 spoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts finely cut into strips
- ½ spoon Chilli
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sal marina
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 an avocado Maduro
- ⅓ cup (80 gram) light sour cream (low fat)
- 2 pyramid many
- 14 un (400 gram) prepared cauliflower rice Your favorite brand
- 14 un (400 gram) can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 7 un (200 gram) a can of corn exhausted
- 8 spoon thick tomato sauce what you get from your favorite brand
- 4 spoon pickled red onions what you get from your favorite brand
Prepare:Gather and prepare the ingredients.
Chicken Fajitas:heat upolive oilin a medium fryer over medium heat. Addpolostripes,Chilli,ground cumin,ground coriander,smoked paprika,Dried oregano,Sun,ypepperand mix to coat the chicken. Cook everything together for about 2 minutes. Then add the sliced peppers and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are tender and charred, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Avocado Salsa:Meanwhile, In a small food processor (or with a fork) mixan avocado,sour cream, ylime juicetogether to make a smooth and creamy sauce.
Arms:heat the preparationcauliflower riceaccording to package directions, then divide into four serving bowls or meal prep containers. Add a quarterChicken fajitas,black beans, ysweet cornto each bowl. Add one or two tablespoonsKetchup, so muchpickled red onionsif you like, a slice of lime and a generous spoonAvocado salsa. Serve and enjoy.
Storage Instructions:Cool to room temperature, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until approxThree days.
Course |lunch dinner
Keyword |bowl recipes, bowl recipe, easy dinner recipes, gluten free nutritious bowls, cereal bowls, healthy dinner recipes, healthy meals, healthy nutritious bowl, recipe for nutritious bowls, energy bowls
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Share photo and tag@therealfoodgeekso I can see all your delicious creations!
I hope your whole family will love these nutritious Chicken Fajita Bowls as much as I do!
Get in touch via the comment section and let me know how it goes.
Thanks for dropping by!
Pin Recipe for later
Cheryl Whyte is a Certified Culinary Medicine Trainer with an internationally accredited Diploma in Culinary Medicine from The Culinary Medicine College in London. She is also a recipe author, food photographer and blogger. Cheryl is passionate about sharing healthy recipes and spreading the joy of eating real food.
These Chicken Fajitas are packed with nutritious ingredients, lean protein, and fiber. That means they're not only good for your body, but also that you'll feel satisfied and full for a long time after your meal, thanks to the protein, healthy fats, and fiber.How to eat fajitas healthy? ›
Loading your fajitas with healthy ingredients such as vegetables helps you increase your nutrient intake without adding extra calories. Since a healthy diet should include vegetables of every color, include a mix of red, yellow and green peppers along with mushrooms and onions in your fajitas.How many calories in a chicken fajita bowl? ›
Montana's Bbq & Bar Chicken Fajitas (no Cold Setup & Tortillas) (1 serving) contains 19g total carbs, 15g net carbs, 9g fat, 46g protein, and 340 calories.