TheChicken sausageBurgers are a perfectly seasoned, lean and versatile source of protein that you can serve for breakfast, lunch and meal preparation. They are easy to assemble and can be cooked in a pan, oven or deep fryer!
We love using minced chicken to reduce fat while still getting a good amount of protein in dishes likehamburgers,pierogi, yketo pizza bases. This healthy chicken sausage recipe is no exception!
This well-balanced recipe combines minced chicken, herbs, and spicy spices to create juicy, flavorful sausage patties. They are perfect for breakfast and dinner, as well as a quick and easy way to prepare a meal. Enjoy them all week or freeze them for later!
Why this recipe works
As we have already discovered from thisTurkey sausagerecipe, homemade sausage patties are much tastier and fresher than those bought in the store! In addition, they are easy to make with cheap and readily available ingredients.
- The best investment for your money!Making sausage from scratch is much more profitable than buying ready-made sausage.
- Good ingredients for you.Making your own sausages also means controlling the meat quality and fat content. Plus, it's the only way to avoid additives and preservatives in most commercial sausages.
- Safe food preparation and freezer.You'll love the convenience of having fresh chicken sausage in the fridge or freezer whenever you feel like it.
We love using these chicken sausage pattiesbreakfast sandwichesand low-carbohydrate, high-protein breakfast dishes in combination withvacuum egg bites,more than easy,too average, ohardereggs.
Aside from minced chicken, this recipe mainly calls for pantry staples. Here's everything you'll need:
- dried sage. This popular chicken condiment gives the breakfast sausage its distinctive flavor.
- Italian sauce.Another way to add a herbal and spicy flavor to your chicken.
- salt and black pepper. Taste.
- Then.Freshly ground is best, but ½ teaspoon garlic powder is enough.
- Chopped chicken.For juicy, flavorful burgers with a good balance of lean and fat, use minced chicken legs or a mixture of minced breast and chicken thighs.
- Honey.It adds a bit of sweetness that enhances the other flavors.
How to make chicken sausages with minced chicken
If you're ready to savor the irresistible taste of homemade chicken sausage, follow these simple instructions for preparing and cooking on the stovetop:
Step 1 - Prepare the chicken sausage mix
In a large bowl, add ingredients and mix just until combined.
Step 2 - Form sausage patties
Shape small heaps of minced chicken mixture into patties at a time (you should get 8 patties in total).
Step 3: fry in a pan
Heat some oil or butter in a large cast iron skillet. Once hot, add the burgers and fry until no longer pink inside (work in batches if your skillet isn't big enough).
Transfer the burgers to a paper towel lined plate to drain, then enjoy!
Baked Chicken Sausage
- Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 375°F/190°C oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C is reached.
Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Arrange the burgers in a single layer on topfrytkownicabasket (work in batches).
- Cook at 375°F/190°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat until all the patties are cooked.
Tips for making the best recipe.
- taste the spices. Before forming the patties, cook a small amount of the mixture to taste, then adjust the herbs and spices as desired.
- Don't mix the meat.You want the ingredients to be evenly distributed, but the sausages can be chewy and dry if you overwork the meat mixture.
- Don't skip a break!Leaving the burgers in the fridge for at least 1 hour helps the flavors meld together and hold their shape better while cooking. For best results, let them cool overnight.
- Cook in batches. The best way to make patties with crispy edges and a tender, juicy center is to fry them in a single layer with spaces between the layers. Cook them in batches if your pan isn't big enough.
Adding a variety of herbs, spices, and flavorings will enhance the flavor of your sausage patties, so don't be afraid to experiment. Here are some tasty ideas:
- cajun.Add 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning and extra cayenne pepper for a stronger punch.
- Italian. Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and fennel seeds to enhance the depth of flavor.
- apple gouda. Add a finely grated apple to the chicken mixture, as well as a pinch of nutmeg for warmth. To finish, add 1/2 cup of grated Gouda cheese (for a flavor of apple sausage with chicken!).
- smoked chips. Add smoked paprika, chipotle powder or chopped chipotle peppers to the adobo sauce for a smoky, spicy effect.
What to serve with this dish
Let chicken sausages be the star of your breakfast! Serve them with all the classics like scrambled eggs,pancakes,potato pancakesand fresh fruit. Or you can skip the shape of the empanadas and cook the ground chicken mixbreakfast rolls, tortillas,frittata, by onecrustless quiches.
For dinner, use the spice mix of minced chicken sausageSpaghetti,stuffed zucchini jars,stuffed peppers, yMeatloaf. You can also treat burgers as the main protein for dinner with simple additions such asmashed potatoes,asparagus, ycarrot.
Store:Once cool, transfer the sausages to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freeze:Sausages freeze well for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw them in the fridge before reheating.
To reheat:Quickly reheat the burgers in the microwave or heat them in a skillet on the stove until warm through.
- mixing bowls. You need two medium bowls to mix the spice mix with the ground chicken and spices.
- molten irononon-stick frying pan. For frying empanadas.
- Spatula. To turn over chicken cutlets while frying.
More Homemade Sausage and Meat Empanadas
- Tuna empanadas
- salmon patties
- Turkey sausages
- Tuna croquettes
- salmon croquettes
Frequently asked questions
Is chicken sausage healthy?
Yes! Chicken sausage is a good source of lean protein (17 grams per 100 gramsfrom chicken). Compared to pork or beef sausages, chicken sausage is generally lower in fat and calories.
Is it possible to freeze raw sausage patties
Yes, but only if the ground chicken has not been previously frozen. Once the cutlets are formed, wrap them individually in cling film or waxed paper. Freeze them in a freezer-safe container for 2 to 3 months. When you're ready to cook, defrost the burgers in the fridge overnight.
5by 1 vote
These chicken patties are a perfectly seasoned, lean and versatile source of protein that you can serve for breakfast, lunch and meal prep. They are easy to assemble and can be cooked in a pan, oven or deep fryer!
Rate this recipe
- 1 pounds chopped chicken
- 1 teaspoon Sal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage floor
- 1 Nail BECAUSE chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian sauce
- 1 spoon Honey
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir just until combined.
Use your hands to form eight patties and place them on a lined tray.
Cover the burgers and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
Add oil to the non-stick pan. After preheating, make four patties and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
Repeat the process until all the sausage is cooked.
STORE:Once cool, transfer the sausages to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
FREEZE:Sausages freeze well for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw them in the fridge before reheating.
HEATING:Quickly reheat the burgers in the microwave or heat them in a skillet on the stove until warm through.
Work:1pate with sausageCalorie:92kcalCarbohydrates:3gramProtein:10gramGordo:5gramSodium:325miligramryPotassium:308miligramryFiber:0,2gramVitamin A:6j.mVitamin C:0,1miligramryFootball:12miligramryHierro:1miligramryNET CARBOHYDRATES:3gram
Have you tried this recipe?Damage the scream@thebigmansworldlabel#elmundodelgranhombre!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any product or service on this site.